\

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Try it Tuesday......Yoplait Light Yogurt...cake flavors!


Fat free! 110 calories! Watch the Hungry Girl video. It's a bit campy, but Jerry adds a comical flair...



Wasn't Jerry a cutie patootie? My girls say he is from the Nickelodeon show, iCarly.


I think the cake flavored yogurts are so new that Yoplait doesn't have them on their website. Aleast I can't find them anyway.

Now... what did I, personally, think about the Yoplait Light Yogurts in cake flavors?
Well, I've only been able to try ONE flavor! I can only find the Strawberry Short Cake flavor. I found it at Wal-mart. I've checked Plumbs, Meijer and Target. No cake flavors. There is supposed to be not only the Strawberry Shortcake flavor, but also Pineapple Upside Down Cake and Raspberry Cheesecake. All of the flavors are 110 calories and 0 fat. I'd like to try the Raspberry Cheesecake soon if I can find it.

With not much to try, I can only say that I thought the Strawberry Shortcake was just 'ok'. It really didn't taste like shortcake, but it did taste like strawberry and has bits of strawberry. I wish it had bits of cake! There really isn't much else to say since I think I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and any other strawberry yogurt. Bummer. How about you all try them and then you let ME know what you thought? Maybe they can be found easier in other states.

Yoplait also makes the Dora the Explorer kids yogurt that Jillian loves so much (She's 15 by the way...haha). And they also make Fiber One yogurt. I have yet to try that. So far all the Fiber One products (bars, muffins mixes) don't agree with me (remember the rootin' tootin' posts?). So I'm a bit leery to try the yogurt. I might try it on a day when I don't have to leave the house. -wink-. Oh, I did buy the Fiber One toaster pastries at Target last week, but I haven't tried it yet. I think I bought the strawberry one. I'll write a review on it for next week.
P.S....let me know if the video doesn't show up since I'm using hubby's laptop and it doesn't seem to want to show, yet I know I posted it correctly.
Leanne Sig.

7 Whaddaya have to say about this post?:

Andrea said...

Okay I will look for those flavors. But what I am really geeked about is the Lumberjacks are back. I had no idea. I know it is the same old team with a different name, but something about the name makes me like them better. Can't wait to see how they do.

Nikki said...

Ok- now I just want some cake- real cake. BTW- did you get your free Kashi cookie? I liked mine alot, Greg likes them, the kids too. Too bad they are too pricey for the whole family. (Greg & I will have to keep them hidden somewhere. :)

I wanted to ask you about Vitatops... I hear they are good & want to try them. What part of the grocery store do you find them in??? The website says they are in my store, but I don't know where.

Leanne said...

Yes! The Lumberjacks are back! We are back to old time hockey :) We will be going to the exhbition game next week. Hope they do good this year. Last year the Fury made it to the playoffs (barely) but didn't go too much further.

Nikki- I can only find the Vitatops at Meijer in the frozen section. I think Whole Foods or Trader Joes might have them, but since we don't have those stores around here, I wouldn't really know. I think you can do a search on the Vitalicious.com website. If you find them, remember to heat it before eating. They taste weird if you don't. I eat one for breakfast along with a packet of Kashe Go Lean oatmeal and it's perfectly filling. Nope, I didn't try the Kashi cookie yet. Thanks for reminding me. It's been sitting in the cupboard and I forgot about it actually. I'll try it today.

Leanne said...

I meant Kashi Go Lean of course. I'm on Rick's laptop and I'm not used to his keyboard. lol

Caity said...

Yogurt has never been one of those things I've been able to get into. The sweeter the yogurt sound, the scarier to me. I know, weird.

Nikki said...

Thanks for the vita info! I'll check teh freezer section soon! :)

Anonymous said...

I tried the raspberry cheesecake and strawberry shortcake yogurts but didn't think they tasted all that great. I saw no noticable difference between those and the cheap store brand yogurts. I'll stick to the yoplait key lime and lemon ones. The apple turnover is very good too. the apple bits are firm not mushy.

I've been waiting for my Kashi cookie and it still hasn't arrived. I ordered it as soon as I saw it on the hungrygirl website and I saw commericals for it about a week or two after that. They make Kashi here in La Jolla so it's not like it has far to travel!Maybe it arrived but somebody ate it. Postal carriers probably get hungry delivering all those bills!